TO be Sentient, to be CONSCIOUS

I really found the idea of consciousness and sentience in Nature intriguing, to say the least. As I was reading through the theses, I found myself being able to plant at least one foot into agreeability with most, if not all the theses.

In particular, 17, 18, and 19 caught my attention because it so.. “nicely?” (I tried to think of a more academic word) bounces between the ideas of sentience, consciousness, cause, effect, and affect for that matter, along with perception. Those particular theses had this underlying theme of something smaller or “insignificant” causing tidal waves when that thing at the larger scale had no perception of what that smaller thing was. Of course I had heard of the butterfly effect but most of the time, it’s portrayed in a way where we can see the chain of events linearly, clearly. For example, I forget my pen at my job, then someone asks for a pen and I don’t have one so I have to ask someone for one, but they don’t have one so they refer me to someone else, etc. etc. But I thought these particular theses were interesting because they present the butterfly effect, where a certain “section” of that chain of events, gets “lost” in the subconsciousness or rather, it acts on sentience. And I thought that idea was just a real eye opener to how we perceive the world around us. I will definitely be thinking about this more from here on out: How much information did I just, “ignore”? How “much” Nature is too much for me to perceive?