See you one day Dubai

Description of my dream

My dream is to travel to Dubai for two whole weeks, no work, no school, and no worries. I just started traveling this year and it has been an amazing experience. Everywhere I have been thus far had something different to offer, I learned so much and took so much away with me as well. This is my dream and I plan to accomplish it in the next three years I hope to go when I finish nursing school that would be a great graduation present. I still don’t know my exact graduation date from nursing school but I plan on taking this trip sometime in the summer when the weather is nice, but not too hot.

This year I have already been on three vacations and still have three more planned out by the end of the year. This year I made it my goal to focus on myself and my happiness. I think I have been doing a great job thus far. I enrolled back into school and will be graduating a year from now, I work full time, and go on amazing vacations when I have time. I work hard so I can go on vacation relax and have a good time. So making it to Dubai I think will be no problem I would probably just have to save more money than I usually do for my trips.

Before going to Dubai I want to do extensive research on the culture, the people, the language, and the city. Considering I still have three years to plan this trip I still have plenty of time to do the appropriate research on the city. The only thing that would change with me going on this trip is if I happen to get married or have children in the next three years. This is possible, if I did end up getting married in the next three years I would bring my husband with me on the trip, it is always nice to travel with others and share the new experiences together. I’ve only seen pictures and videos and I just feel Dubai is by far one of the prettiest cities in the world. I remember the first time I saw the city I told myself I will go there one day. Dubai is a city located in the United Arab Emirates and it is known for its luxury shopping, nightlife scene, and modern architecture. The cities main attractions include Dubai waterfront, Burj Khalifa, and Palm Islands. The first thing I want to do when I get there and see the city is ride a camel, this is one of the activities on my bucket list.

The city of Dubai

How did others accomplish the same dream?

What to consider when  traveling to Dubai

This first link talks about things to consider when planning a trip to Dubai as a tourist. A passport is required, you need to consider health and safety, money management, traveling around in Dubai and acquiring a visa to enter the country. This link provides great information on how to maneuver around the city, and have a fun, successful trip.

On average how much does a trip to Dubai cost

In this link they talk about how much it cost for a trip to Dubai. They talk about factors to consider when booking your flights and hotel there. They talk about what to expect pricing wise when dining in Dubai and doing activities during the day. They also give an approximate cost of how much it is to vacation in Dubai for one or two people.

What barriers and support systems exist?

What helps me go on vacation now is I save money every check, and I work in the tipping industry so I have a jar in my room and save a certain amount each day of work. My job plays a huge role in having the ability to travel now because it pays well and helps me come up with the funds to go on vacation. If I lost this job or found myself in a job that paid less, but was based more around my career I could still go on vacation but it would take more effort to save for the vacation. A lot can happen in three years I don’t know what the future holds for me I hope to get married and start a family one day. If that happens in the next three years I would definitely postpone Dubai because my family would now be my number one priority. Otherwise if nothing really changes in the next three years, and I find a better job next year after graduation ill just keep saving and do my research for the trip.

Analyze your needs and desires and compare options

For the most part I’m pretty responsible when it comes to saving money. Occasionally when I do go shopping I splurge on myself, telling myself I need these items and I deserve them. Material things only go so far; I can use that money for more important things in life like investing in my future. What I need to start doing is limiting myself when I do go shopping and reminding myself I don’t need the clothes I want them, there is a huge difference. I think it is important to treat yourself to something nice every now and then when working hard, as long as there is a limit and you don’t spend all the money you spent time saving.

Current finances

Income/expenses Monthly average
Wage $3000
Tips $600
Tuition, books, fees $5000 every three months
Car note $400
Car insurance $100
Credit card $200
Hospital bill $100
Cell Phone $100
Gas $200
Food $300
Savings $1000/ month
Total income $3600
Total expenses $1400

Budget for the dream

Items Cheaper More expensive

Two week round trip ticket $1400 $1600
Transportation 14 AED for unlimited travel for 24 hours=$3.81US/day Taxi starts at 3 AED average ride 50-60 AED= $14-$16 US each way
Food 3.75 AED= $1.00US 250 AED=$68.00US
Activities -Dubai museum 3.5 AED= .95 US

-Dreamland waterpark 110 AED=$30 US

-Tour of the city 137 AED=$37 US

-Wild Wadi Waterpark 450 AED=$123 US

-Indoor skiing (2 hours) 240 AED=$66US

Burj Khalifa 147 AED=$40

hotel $75/night $1300/night
Total -$1480

-$1435

-$1517

-$3105

-$3222

-$3129

Save for one year -$1480/12= $123

-$1435/12=$119

$1517/12=$126

-$3105/12=$259

-$3222/12=$269

$3129/12=$260

Save for two years -$1480/24=$62

-$1435/24=$60

$1517/24=$63

-$3105/24=$129

-$3222/24=$134

$3129/24=$130

Save for three years -$1480/36=$41

-$1435/36=$40

-$1517/36=$42

-$3105/36=$86

-$3222/36=$90

$3129/36=$87