We are pleased to announce that the International Master Gardener Committee is accepting nominations for the 2017 International Master Gardener Search for Excellence (SFE), through August 1, 2016.
We are opening SFE nominations a bit earlier this year for two reasons. First, members of the SFE committee have requested more time to carefully review nominations. Second, our goal is to inform folks that their project has been selected as a 2017 International Search for Excellence awardee ~ in time for them to register for the conference at the early bird registration rate.
[As an aside, early bird registration will be from October 10, 2016 through January 13, 2017. Regular registration will be from January 14, 2017 through May 31, 2017.]
Visit the 2017 IMGC SFE page, to review the 2017 International Master Gardener SEarch for Excellence Guidelines, and for full details on how to submit a project for consideration.
You may also find it useful to read a bit more about some of the 2015 Search for Excellence Award Winners.
- Florence Community Garden (Community Service, 3rd place)
- Executive Residence of Tennessee (Demonstration Garden, 1st place)
- Sweet Taters (Demonstration Garden, 2nd place)
- “The Misadventures of Peter Rabbit in Farmer McGregor’s Vegetable Garden” (Youth, 1st place)
- Garden Candy; a kindergarten tomato planting project (Youth, 2nd place)
- East Austin Garden Fair (Workshop, 2nd place)
- Seed to Supper (Workshop, 3rd place)
- Accessible Gardening for Life (Special Needs, 1st place)
- Twice on Tuesday Program (Special Needs, 3rd place tie)
- Project GROW Garden (Special Needs, 3rd place tie)
- Plant Problem Scenario Training (Innovative Projects, 1st place)
- Sarah’s Garden (Innovative Projects, 2nd place)
- Online Gardening Chats (Innovative Projects, 3rd place)
- Researching Biochar (Research, 1st place)