Experiences with Discrimination

Negative reports on a company’s widespread discrimination will definitely affect my opinion of this company, despite whether it is my favorite company or not. For most consumers, the love of a company not only comes from the preference of its products, but also from the admiration of its corporate culture and moral values. However, discrimination just disagree with my moral values. Moreover, discriminating against individuals associated with me makes me feel betrayed and deceived, since my love and support for this company all the time. I think the disagreement with moral values and corporate culture will in turn affect consumers’ acceptance of the products. At least for me, I’m not willing to spend on products with backgrounds that I disagree with. Also, it’s not likely for me to support this company any longer.

In job application, corporate culture and moral values are also factors that applicants focus on, among salaries, welfare, working conditions and other contributing factors. For me, disagreement about corporate culture and moral values may imply working conditions not that joyful enough, communications not smooth enough, and even worse, not enough approval to new products and new projects. Thus, negative information about discrimination definitely will change my decision in job application. I prefer to work in organizations and teams with moral values that I agree with. And I also think that in working cultures that they agree with, employees are more likely to grow, achieve results, and get promoted. Therefore, I will not choose to apply to work in the company with discrimination.