Week 7

My top trait that the personality test identified was extroversion.  This talks about how I tend to be enthusiastic, action oriented and how I am likely to say yes to many situations.  My top categories under extroversion are excitement seeking and activity level which I think matches up pretty well with my personality. The category that I least matched up with was openness. This seems to have to do with how likely I am to try new things and push my comfort zone.  Openness also talks about enjoying art and being interested in learning which I think are two things that I lack in.  It is not that I do not like any art and do not want to learn, but I do not enjoy all art and only enjoy learning about specific things that I am interested in at the time. 

I think that a potential employer might think that it is a good thing that I am extroverted.  Depending where I end up applying for jobs this could be a good thing for different reasons. If I end up applying for a job where I am interacting with customers, this is great because I will not be afraid to ask them if I can help or give them some information on what I know. If I work on a project management team my extroversion will also benefit me.  It will help me to reach out to people I know and resources to help get things done.  I will also be able to use these skills to ask for help when I need to instead of wasting time trying to prove my autonomy like someone who is more introverted would.  As far as my biggest weakness determined in this personality test goes, I think that it would not be too much of a problem for the fields I want to enter.  The category of openness seems to be needed in fields like phycology and is less important in working as a project manager.  I do think that it is helpful to see that this is one of my weaknesses so I can work on being more open in the future.