Enter the Canon

My journey in Computer Science started on August 21st 2017. When I signed up for my first introduction to computer science class, I had no prior experience with programming. My high school had 3 choices, computers, business, or science. I was always driven by competition, so that made go the science route. It’s a funny story actually, I HATED labs and the idea of uncertainty, so my sneaky little brain says “If I can create a program that takes in my calculations, instead of doing these labs, I can create an environment where each molecule is accounted for.” So in I to go into Computer Science, which I thought was science with computers. One week into the class and I realise that Computer Science means science OF computers. I called my Advisor and asked to change my major to BioChem.

Surprisingly by the end of my first term, I fell in love with speed coding and how competitive people get when they try to make the code more and more efficient. November that year, I decided to sign up for another CS class.

Throughout my experience in CS, what interests me the most is how users are very diverse, but humans have a certain way of thinking and where we look for solutions such that a designer can design the optimal path and locations easiest for ANY user to easily LEARN.

I also have a lot of experienced with React development. This is why for my capstone project, I choose ones that involve front-end and user interactions.

My name is Timothy Wiliusa,

Over n’ Out