Pre/Views: WIC Turns Twenty-Five

By Vicki Tolar Burton, WIC Director

“We Are Nothing More Than Stories”: An Interview with Natchee Barnd

By Marisa Yerace, WIC Intern

I think all writing instruction or guidance tells you that you need to practice it like anything else. You need to practice that craft every day. Writing, for me, has always been a means of thinking. Like many people, I wrote to think. I edit a lot—I try really hard to not edit as I go. Read more…

2018 WIC Fall Seminar Faculty Recognized

By Lindsay Schwehr, WIC GTA

Faculty participants engaged heavily in pedagogy surrounding Writing-to-Learn ideologies, exploring new ways to engage their students in informal writing activities and ungraded writing. Participants also discussed new or different approaches to responding to and evaluating student writing. Read more…

Winter Workshop: Improve Your Writing Assignments in Real Time– Five Easy Steps

By WIC Team

Join us on Monday, February 4, 2-3:30 in Milam 215, for the Winter WIC Workshop, “Improve Your Writing Assignments in Real Time: Five Easy Steps.” Read more…

WIC Culture of Writing Awards: A Call for Nominations

By Ruth Sylvester, WIC Intern

Participation in the Culture of Writing Awards has thrived since 2006 as students earn recognition and cash awards through either individual or team writing projects. WIC would like to thank all participating units for their continued desire to recognize and reward outstanding student writing. Read more…