The Western Extension Directors Association (WEDA) is open to the 1862 Extension Directors and 1994 Representatives of the Land-Grant Cooperative Extension organizations in the following states and territories: Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Micronesia, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. WEDA works on mutually beneficial programs and organizational issues in partnership with USDA-NIFA (National Institute for Food and Agriculture), and the APLU (Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities), as well as other regional and national organizations.
The WEDA mission is to advance the Land Grant College/University Extension programs in member states and territories in the Western Region to assist in meeting the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century by:
- Facilitating stakeholder input on critical issues;
- Creating a voice on national issues for the West, including insular areas;
- Fostering the next generation of Extension programs;
- Mentoring and developing Extension leadership and professionals; and
- Developing collaborative structures for efficiency and effectiveness.