Home page mock-up

The home page redesign project is moving steadily forward. We’ve produced mock-up and a prototype for testing. We’ve run the front page design past the steering committee, and members are now gathering and providing feedback. We’ve also been testing with users, gathering feedback on the visual design and layout. Reviews have been promising so far. […]

February 4, 2010

The home page redesign project is moving steadily forward. We’ve produced mock-up and a prototype for testing. We’ve run the front page design past the steering committee, and members are now gathering and providing feedback.

We’ve also been testing with users, gathering feedback on the visual design and layout. Reviews have been promising so far. Students, staff and faculty have rated the new design higher, the layout easier to use, and the content more organized. You may have seen us set up in the MU, giving away pizza or Powered by Orange gear in exchange for a few minutes of users’ time.

So check out the design and let us know what you think. Our goal is to have the new home page and top-tier pages launched this Spring.

Mock-up of new home page
Mock-up of new home page

CATEGORIES: General Web

9 thoughts on “Home page mock-up

1. I must say that I am really excited for the redesign. The overall look/feel of the OSU homepage has been relatively the same since I came to Oregon in 2004. The new interface is much more aesthetically appealing and the content placement is very nice. Kudos to the team. I think that this is going to have quite an impact within the OSU community as well as all over the web. Cheers.

2. Thanks Eric! One of our goals is to have, by the end of the process, a new model for ongoing changes in place. This continuous improvement or “permanent beta” process should help us keep the site perpetually fresh and ready to adopt whatever comes around the corner next.

3. with this new look I think the site looks fresh and easy to navigate which is important for students if they are looking to access information quickly!

4. One piece of anecdotal commentary that I have been hearing quite a bit is that people are not “finding” the mega drop-down menu. I think the expand text isn’t being seen due to either the Search rollover effect or the “I am” rollover. Most people have an ah ha moment when I click the big grey bar.

5. ӏ do trust all cost of sex the ideas you have presented on your poѕt.

Theʏ’re ver convincfing and will certainly work.

Nonetheless, the posts are too short for newbies.
    Could you please extend them a Ƅit fгom next tіme?
    Thɑnkls for the post.