Beta search and home page updates

During the break, we’ve made some changes to the main OSU home page. We added the new tag to the OSU logo and updated some colors to make them brand compliant. These changes will be live beginning Monday, January 4. We’ve also moved the site search to the banner. Thanks to Central Web Services, OSU’s […]

December 30, 2009

Interim home page with Google search
Interim home page with Google search

During the break, we’ve made some changes to the main OSU home page. We added the new tag to the OSU logo and updated some colors to make them brand compliant. These changes will be live beginning Monday, January 4.

We’ve also moved the site search to the banner. Thanks to Central Web Services, OSU’s search is now powered by a Google appliance. This version just uses the standard features, but having the search appliance in-house allows room for enhanced features that we hope to help roll out over the coming months.

Our goal is to have the new home page in place early spring/late winter. We’re testing prototypes now, and I’ll share mock-ups in coming blog posts.

Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts on this interim step, and your hopes for the new site. Also let us know how the search is performing.

CATEGORIES: General Web

13 thoughts on “Beta search and home page updates

1. One minor thing I notice is the arrow next to the navigation item you are hovering over is almost the same color as the background and hard to see. I do not know if this was intentional (the arrow was part of the “old” design”) but I thought I would just mention this.

Overall the new page looks great and the search big improvement, keep up the good work.

2. I do consider all the ideas you’ve offered to your post.
    They are very convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for beginners.
    May just you please extend them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thanks for the post.

3. When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks a lot!

4. Just want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is just
    cool and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS
    feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.