Why should OSU Twitter?

We recently conducted a series of focus groups on our OSU Web presence, specifically the home page. The results were fascinating. And, unfortunately, not all of the results turned out the way I would have wanted. For example, I would have hoped for a larger number of tweeters, but only 5% of our subjects used […]

March 9, 2009

We recently conducted a series of focus groups on our OSU Web presence, specifically the home page. The results were fascinating. And, unfortunately, not all of the results turned out the way I would have wanted.

For example, I would have hoped for a larger number of tweeters, but only 5% of our subjects used Twitter regularly.

Still, Twitter is an important communications platform. It’s the first worldwide application streamlined for cell phone use. We get amazing and immediate feedback. And I expect it’s going to grow exponentially as handheld devices and cell phones try to keep up with the iPhone.

It’s never good to ignore data, but sometimes you have to take risks. I will be willing to bet that the number of Twitter users will grow next year.

Daniel Schorr was recently introduced to Twitter (he now tweets), and he used a wonderful analogy, calling it the modern equivalent of the ancient Greek marketplace known as the Agora, where people would gather to share ideas and hear feedback (okay, it was only open to free-born males with property; the ancient Greeks were enlightened, but not that enlightened).

Daniel’s enlightenment moment is shown below. And after you check that out, why not follow the 92-year-old tweeter. And while you’re at it, follow OSU on Twitter as well.

CATEGORIES: Social Media Stats

87 thoughts on “Why should OSU Twitter?

1. I wiⅼl right aᴡay cltch your rss ɑѕ І can’t find yⲟur email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Ꭰo ʏou hɑνе any? Kindly alⅼow me realize in orⅾᥱr thɑt I could subscribe.
    Тhanks.

2. certainly like your web-site but you need to take a look at the
    spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are
    rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to
    tell the reality then again I will surely come again again.

3. I do not know if it’s just me or if everyone else encountering issues with your blog.
    It appears as if some of the text in your content are running off the screen.
    Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening
    to them as well? This could be a problem with my browser
    because I’ve had this happen before. Many thanks

4. I know thnis іf off topic but I’m lⲟoking іnt starting my own blog ɑnd was curious
    what all iѕ required to get setup? I’m assuming һaving a
    blog liкe уours would cost а pretty penny? I’m not ѵery
    web smart sо I’m not 100% ϲertain. Any suggestions οr adviice wߋuld be gгeatly appreciated.

Αppreciate іt

5. Restbet bahis sitesi, tüm bahisçilere şartsız kuralsız %10 çevrimsiz bonus vermektedir. Sitenin yeni giriş adresi Restbet339 ve Restbet 339 olmuştur.

6. This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche

Hey there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally
    recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

7. I personally thank the article writer for writing such knowledgeable information with all of us. This is a very purposeful and useful information one should have. The in formation provided above can be seen in only some articles like this. thank you.

8. I Really thank the article writer for writing knowledgeable information with for us. Good content with information is shared here This is a very purposeful and useful information one should have. The in formation provided above can be seen in only some articles like this. thank you.
    know more about me
    https://callistyle.in/

9. This is a very purposeful and useful information one should have. The in formation provided above can be seen in only some articles like this. I personally thank the article writer for writing such knowledgeable information with all of us. thank you.
    https://medconverge.in/

10. MedConverge Healthcare Services Pvt Ltd, an industry leader in healthcare revenue cycle management, is one of the leading medical coding and billing training companies in Hyderabad. MedConverge provides innovative billing, coding, and training solutions to multi-specialty medical communities.