Hi everyone! welcome to my second post. Today, I am going to talk about Rank.
What is Rank? Generally, rank in SEO refers to a website’s position in the search engine results page. There are many factors that impact ranking such as URL structure, page load-time.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR WEBPAGE DOESN’T RANK.
There are many possible factors that influence to this. I will list five of them.
1. The Content
The content is a crucial factor in order to be good webpage. However, sometimes author unintentionally put wrong content, and manage wrong content structure. There are many reasons that harm your content. For example,
- Duplicate content
- Insufficient content
- Old, untouched, stale content
- Confusing navigation
- Split keyword focus, so there are multiple pages that could rank for a given word
- Incomplete basics, such as metas, alt tags, and schema markup
- No blog or other way to continually refresh your content
- The length of the content
To fix it, most of them can be easily fixed by creating checklist. In addition, to start thickening up your content by expanding its length and level of detail. If your page has 500 words of unique content and your competitors all have 2,000 or more, expand your piece so that it beats all of them in length, detail and quality.
Improve your content by adding relevant subheadings with your primary and related keywords. Your website’s content needs to be high-quality, educational, insightful and personal.
2. Too Competitive
Using the common keywords can make your competition has already done the same. When you’re targeting a competitive keyword market, you need to extend your SEO strategies further than using the most common search words and phrases in your content.
3. The site is not mobile-friendly
It is significant that your site is ready for mobile-friendly search results. If you still haven’t altered the design to make it suitable for mobile users, that negligence will affect its overall rankings.4.eLinks to suspicious websites
4. Links to suspicious websites
If you notice suspicious links you haven’t added, fix the damage and improve the security system of the site. It’s been hacked. You need to make sure to include high-quality links to your website.
5. Haven’t have a clear keyword strategy
Your keyword strategy has to be very clear. You shouldn’t pick random keywords without optimizing the page. They will look for them in the page title, page link, subheaders, image descriptions, and page description.
How do you know whether your webpage is going to have better ranking or not? — According to the Rand Fishkin, he describes a checklist for SEO. Here is his check list:
1. Crawlable, accessible URLs — can easily parse and index
2. Keyword research — choose word+phrase that intent to solve you problem
3. Investigate the SERP to find what Google believes to be relevant to the searcher
4. Have the most authoritative person create content that will serve the searcher’s goal
5. Publish compelling title tags and meta descriptions
6. Intelligently employ primary, secondary, and related keywords
7. Use rich snippets and schema markup to enhance content . — to enhance the visibility potential
8. Optimize for page speed
15 Reasons Google Doesn’t Rank Your Site (And How To Fix It). (2018, March 28). Retrieved from https://buildfire.com/reasons-google-doesnt-rank-site-and-fix-it/.
Eliason, A., Mary, S., Turalı, O., Eliason, A., Greenspan, S., Yooker, … Eliason, A. (2018, October 22). Why Isn’t My Website Ranking? Retrieved from https://www.seo.com/blog/why-isnt-my-website-ranking/.
Fishkin, R. (2019, July 31). How to Rank: The SEO Checklist. Retrieved from https://moz.com/blog/rank-in-2018-seo-checklist.
Sophie. (2019, March 6). Reasons Your Website Isn’t Ranking (And How To Improve Them). Retrieved from https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/18-04-16-reasons-your-website-isnt-ranking-and-how-to-improve-them.