Writing Exercise #1 — Human Non-infectious Diseases

The human non-infectious diseases that I think of that are influenced by microorganisms are Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus,  Colon Cancer, Alzheimer disease, Atherosclerosis, and Inflammantory Bowel disease.  I usually think of a disease whether is chronic or not, and infectious or non-infectious. It’s interesting to learn about a noninfectious disease related to influence of microorganism. When I thought of the question of human non-infectious diseases, I could know some names, but I wasn’t sure whether the diseases are influenced by microorganism. I know about  infectious diseases and microorganism more than non-infectious diseases and microorganism. I focused on microbes caused non-infectious diseases. It was surprising to me to think of microorganism based on their influences on human diseases. It seems that I turned my mind to another side about influences instead of causes.  I searched about roles of microbes and non-infectious diseases which I didn’t know before. I found that it’s great to know new findings of microbes and non-infectious disease from book called “The Role of Microbes in Common Non-Infectious Diseases” . I properly keep reading this book to understand how microbes play roles in human health during this class whose goal is to learn the types of interactions between microorganisms and human health. I’m interested in studying human diseases, and I hope to learn and understand more about relationships between diseases and microbes in this class.

Source: http://www.springer.com/us/book/9781493916696)

2 Replies to “Writing Exercise #1 — Human Non-infectious Diseases”

1. Vy, you have some great ideas here! I think an interesting point you bring up is the idea of chronic vs non-chronic diseases. I’m trying to brainstorm ideas of how microbes can influence health in a non-chronic way, and the one that jumps to my mind first is the idea of probiotics (which is why you have to keep eating yogurt to see the positive effects). I think many of the ones we’ll be learning about that are non-infectious are also chronic diseases as well. Thanks for giving me some food for thought!