Academic Coach: Position Announcement
The Academic Success Center is seeking undergraduate and graduate students to apply for multiple Academic Coaches positions for the 2015-2016 academic year. This student employee position provides unique training and skill development in the area of one-on-one student coaching beginning in Spring 2015 with intensive academic coaching training. Academic Coaches work with students who wish to work on issues affecting their academic success, provide presentations for classes and campus organizations, organize student outreach and engagement, and assist the Academic Success Center with special projects.
About the Academic Success Center:
The Academic Success Center (ASC) supports and enhances OSU’s learning environment to promote student persistence and success by offering innovative and dynamic programs to support the needs of students in higher education.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Interest in working one-on-one with other students
- Good time management and organizational skills
Required Job Qualifications:
- Minimum two terms at OSU
- GPA of at least 3.00
- Enrolled during the full 2014-2015 and 2015-16 academic year
- Successful completion of Academic Success Coach Training
- Gain unique and transferrable coaching and interpersonal skills
- Increase awareness of campus resources
- Provide direct support to students
1) Drop off your application materials (a brief cover letter explaining your interest in and fit for the position, your spring term schedule, resume, unofficial transcripts) to the Academic Success Center, Waldo 102, in an envelope addressed to Heather Anderson, Academic Coaching Coordinator (Preferred method)
2) Or send an Email, with the subject line “Academic Coach Application”, attaching the above application documents, to email@example.com
For full consideration, please apply by Monday, March 2nd , by 5pm.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Academic Success Center honors the diversity of student identities, experiences, purposes, learning styles, and encourages students from all academic majors