Important Information for Winter BreakPosted December 4th, 2013 by UHDS News
Dear UHDS Residents,
Below is a reminder of important dates and information to be aware of as Fall Term comes to a close:
All OSU residence halls and cooperative houses will remain open during Winter break at no additional cost. If you are planning to stay for any period of the break beginning December 14th through Sunday, January 5th, 2014, please sign up for Break Housing so that our Residential Education and Public Safety staff are aware of who will be in the building. This will also help us best serve students over the break with the appropriate custodial levels in the bathrooms.
To sign up for break housing, go to your MyUHDS account (https://uhds.oregonstate.edu/myuhds/ ) and select “Break Housing”. The deadline has been extended to sign up until Monday, Dec. 9, 2013.
Please remember that winter term meal plan money will not be loaded until January 1, 2014. If you need to add money to your meal plan over the break period, please add it to your Orange Rewards account. Dining center hours for winter break can be found here: http://oregonstate.edu/foodatosu/
Health and Safety Room Inspections
UHDS staff will be doing health and safety checks of every room to make sure that there are no health or safety issues present, including waste in the trash, windows left open, or appliances plugged in (curling irons, extension cords, etc.).
Health and safety checks will be begin at 1 PM on Friday, December 13th. If you want to be present for your room check, schedule a time with your Cooperative Director or Resident Assistant prior to December 13th.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact your R.A., C.D., Resident Director or area Service Center. You can also contact our main office at 541-737-4771 Monday – Friday.
Please have a safe and enjoyable Winter Break!
Checklist – To Complete before you leave for Winter Break:
- Remove all perishable items and unplug your refrigerator at least 24 hours before you leave. Be sure to place a towel or two under it to catch the water while it defrosts.
- Securely close and lock all windows.
- Pull all blinds/drapes into a closed position.
- Open heater valve (valve should be turned to the left).
- Unplug all electrical devices (including computers, hair dryers, curling irons/straighteners, holiday lights).
- Remove all garbage and recycling, as well as any perishable items, and dispose of them in the outside dumpsters and recycling bins. There will be a $45 charge if staff has to remove garbage from a room.
- Remove any fire hazards.
- Turn off clock radios/alarms.
- Take trays, dishes, etc. back to the dining centers.
- Return any lounge furniture or other room’s furniture to the place of origin. Failure to do so will result in a charge and an incident report being filed.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock your door behind you as you leave.
- Take your keys/student ID card home with you and remember to bring them back so you can get into your room.