Important end of the term informationPosted March 6th, 2013 by nanjan
As your Winter Term is winding down, please be aware of the following dates and information:
End of Term and Check-out: All halls and cooperatives, with the exception of Bloss, Finley, Halsell, Buxton, Cauthorn, Hawley, Poling, Sackett, the International Living-Learning Center and West will close at Noon (12pm) on Friday, March 22. Students should plan to vacate their Residence Hall or Cooperative House within 24 hours of their last exam. Students with late Friday final exams or travel circumstances are allowed to extend their stay no later than noon the following day, Saturday, March 23. Students needing to stay over Friday night due to these reasons must make arrangements to stay late, which is done through the “Late Stay” link on their MyUHDS account (https://myuhds.oregonstate.edu/) and contacting their Resident Director or Cooperative Director by 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 20. UHDS staff will be doing health and safety checks of every room to ensure rooms are free of safety issues like waste in the trash, windows left open, or appliances plugged in (curling irons, extension cords, etc.). To be most prepared for these checks please see the checklist below. If you want to be present for your room check, contact your Resident Assistant, Cooperative Director or Resident Director to schedule a room check.
Break Housing: Residents assigned to open halls (the ones listed above) may remain in their rooms during the break if they sign up for break housing. The deadline to sign up for Spring Break housing is 5pm on Wednesday, March 20 and can be done through the “Break Housing” link on their MyUHDS account (https://myuhds.oregonstate.edu/). A weekly rate of $126 will be assessed for break housing. If you are an INTO OSU student, this charge is already included in your housing rate.
Returning to Campus: Residence Halls and Cooperative Houses open for Spring Term at 9am on Sunday, March 31.
Questions: Please contact your Resident Assistant, Cooperative Director, Resident Director or Service Center if you have any questions. You can also contact our main office at 541-737-4771 throughout the break. Please have a safe and enjoyable Spring Break!
Leaving for break checklist:
1. Securely close and LOCK all windows.
2. Pull all blinds/drapes into a closed position.
3. Open heater valve. The valve should be turned to the left.
4. Unplug all electrical devices, including computers, hair dryers, curling irons/straighteners, holiday lights.
5. Unplug, defrost and remove all perishable items from your refrigerator.
6. Remove all garbage and recycling and dispose of it in the outside bins. There will be a $45 charge if staff have to remove garbage from your room.
7. Remove any fire hazards.
8. Turn off clock radios and alarms.
9. Take trays, dishes, etc. back to the dining centers.
10. Turn off all lights.
11. Return any “extra” furniture to the place of origin. Failure to do so will result in conduct action being taken and possible fines.
12. Lock your door behind you as you leave.
13. Take your keys and student ID card home with you. Remember to bring them back so you can get into your room.