End-of-term, check out and breakhousingPosted December 4th, 2012 by raskausn
A friendly reminder of important dates and information as Fall Term comes to a close:
End of Term and Check-out:
- 5 pm on Friday, December 7th – All halls and cooperatives will close, with the exception of Bloss, Finley, Halsell, Buxton, Cauthorn, Hawley, Poling, Sackett, the International Living-Learning Center and West. Students should plan to vacate their residence Hall or cooperative House within 24 hours of their last exam.
- Students with late Friday final exams or travel circumstances are allowed to extend their stay to no later than noon the following day, Saturday, December 8th. Students needing to stay over Friday night due to these reasons will need to make arrangements on their MyUHDS account by selecting “Late Stay”.
- UHDS will be doing health and safety checks of every room to make sure there are no health or safety issues – such as waste in the trash, windows left open, or appliances plugged in (curling irons, extension cords, etc.). To be most prepared for these please see the checklist below. If you want to be present for your room check, please schedule an appointment with your Resident Director, Cooperative Director or Resident Assistant.
Break Housing: Residents assigned to open halls (ones listed above) may remain in their rooms during the break, at a weekly rate of $126.
- The deadline to sign up for winter break housing is 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5 and can be done on your MyUHDS account (https://myuhds.oregonstate.edu/ and select “Break Housing”). If you are an INTO OSU student, this charge is already included in your housing rate but you must still sign up.
Checklist – Before you leave for Winter Break:
- 24 hours before you leave – Remove all perishable items and unplug your refrigerator. Be sure to place a towel or two under your fridge to catch the water while it defrosts.
- Securely close and LOCK all windows
- Pull all blinds/drapes into a closed position
- Open heater valve (valve should be turned to the left)
- Unplug all electrical devices (including computers, hair dryers, curling irons/straighteners, holiday lights)
- Remove all garbage and recycling and dispose of it in the outside bins. Residents will be charged a fee of $45 if staff have to remove garbage.
- Remove any fire hazards and take down any paper holiday decorations
- Turn off clock radios/alarms
- Take trays, dishes, etc. back to the dining centers
- Return any lounge furniture or other room’s furniture to the place of origin. Failure to do so will result in a charge and possible conduct action.
- Turn off all lights
- Lock your door behind you as you leave
- Take your keys/student ID card home with you and remember to bring them back so you can get into your room
After Winter Break: Residence Halls and Cooperative Houses Reopen on Sunday, January 6 at 9 a.m.
Please have a safe and enjoyable Winter Break!