Important room selection updates and tipsPosted May 24th, 2012 by raskausn
It’s a big day tomorrow. Friday is the day that room selection is open to all remaining students starting at 2 p.m.!
Here are some important updates about room availability and pricing:
- If you have already chosen your roommate and are hoping to live on the west side, be advised that there are NO vacant double rooms remaining in those halls.
- If you want to remain with your chosen roommate we encourage you to find a third roommate and look into the triple room options in the Buxton, Cauthorn, Hawley or Weatherford halls. Bottom line: If you want to be on the west side, you need to find a third roommate.
- The good news is that we have just significantly reduced the rates for triple and quadruple rooms in an effort to make them more affordable to our students. Please see our rates page for updates.
- If you are flexible about which area of campus you live in, there are still many openings on the east side (Callahan, McNary, Wilson) and the International Living-Learning Center (south side).
- Also, the International Living-Learning Center is now allowing pairs of domestic roommates to live together in the same room. Of course, individual domestic students are still encouraged to take the option to share a room with an international student assigned by the INTO OSU program to gain a cross-cultural experience.
- We recently opened a wing of McNary Hall themed for upperclassman and transfer students. Residents in this wing are not required to purchase a dining plan. (rooms 201 to 221). Assignment here is only made by request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you find these updates useful as you select your new home on the OSU campus. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact our Assignments office at email@example.com or 541-737-4771 with questions. Or, check out the live chat on the front of our webpage.
P.S. Here are a few places you can look for roommates:
1. Roommate Matching Network through your online housing application at MyUHDS.
2. OSU on Facebook. All incoming students were emailed an invitation to join this private network in Facebook. Look for the group for the hall you wish to live in or join the “Finding Housing” group.
3. Post a message on the official UHDS Facebook page.