skip page navigationOregon State University

« | »

Lizeth–Transitioning to OSU

Posted October 28th, 2009 by Allyson

Well now it is about to be my fifth week of college and understand why people get really stressed out during midterms. Living on campus has really helped me out this week. You might be wondering, “how does living on campus help you with midterms?” Living on campus you can get a support and study system that you could have difficulty finding off-campus. Last week I studied with my friends and when I was stressed they would always cheer me up and push me to keep going. The campus also provides a sense of safety, stability, and getting to know places around campus. Oregon State University has many faculty members that are willing to help you whenever you are feeling lost and homesick. The campus might look big now but once you are here and walking around, it will feel just like any other school.

My transition to OSU has been really smooth. I feel welcomed and to be honest I don’t feel homesick at all. Everyone welcomes you with open arms. A big part of that is because I am living on campus. If I lived off campus I would still be getting lost and would have to worry about transportation and meeting new people. Since I live in the dorms I have many friends that are taking the same classes or have taken them already. We form our own study group and help one another. It helps a lot when we have questions on the homework or for some reason we couldn’t make it to the class we can rely on getting the notes from each other. Transportation as we all know is annoying, but on campus it doesn’t matter because all the dorms are within walking distance to classes. I live in the farthest dorm and I can get to Kidder, which is across campus, in ten minutes. Everyone is walking or riding their bikes too so you don’t feel left out either. Off campus you have to use a car, which depending on the type of vehicle, spends a lot of money on gas. The bus sometimes can be reliable but sometimes things come up and you’re late to the bus stop and miss it. Then you are stuck on what to do and on top of that you missed your class.

I know from personal experience that if you live on campus your transition to your college is going to be better and your worries are going to be less than if you live off campus. I hope you all have a wonderful week and have a Happy Halloween.

Tags: ,

One Response to “Lizeth–Transitioning to OSU”

1. free insanity workout Says:

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s both educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is something not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy that I came across this during my search for something concerning this.