« | »

Rafael – Camino Latino

Posted February 22nd, 2009 by hansene

WOW! I can’t believe it, I’m done with the seventh week and I only have three more to go. This week has been pretty steady for me. I’m looking forward to the next week, because I’m getting ready to take my second midterm for Math 111 and I feel really confident that I will do well. This week I also experiencing home sickness, I miss my mom’s yummy tamales and I specially miss my parents. I did had the chance to go see my parents this weekend and I feel that I want more time with my parents. I only get to see them on the weekend and right away I have to come back to Corvallis. So I’m really looking forward to Spring break to spend quality time with my parents.

One of the great things that happened to me this week is that I got involved in the Camino Latino. The “Camino Latino” is a club that helps to increase the number of Latinos who will attend college and also to encourage other Latino students to apply to colleges. The club is mainly focus is Corvallis high school. Part the “Camino Latino” you are given the position to become a mentor for one of the students from the Corvallis high school. The reason I applied for the “Camino Latino”  it’s because I want to help a high school student and to encourage him/her to obtain a higher education. I haven’t started the training for the club, but I’m really excite that I could help out lower classmates and make a difference in their life’s. Once again I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and I hope everyone is looking forward for the eighth week. bye

Tags: ,

One Response to “Rafael – Camino Latino”

1. Janine Says:

Wow, this article is pleasant, my sister is analyzing these
    kinds of things, soo I am going to tell her.