Week 2 – Experiences with Discrimination

I really like the company FabFitFun. This is a subscription program that makes a customized subscription boxes for each weather season. It is very convenient because when you register you fill out a profile about yourself and your preference on makeup, skin care, home decor and few other things. Your box is then shipped straight to your house every three months. I do order these boxes seasonally and if I did find out that this company is discriminating against my particular beliefs or even agains other cultures and ethnicity groups that I do not identify with, it would be very disappointing to hear. I would not like to jump into any conclusions though. I would like to do more research about the case and what happened. There is a possibility that it would influence my support for the company in the long run if I would see that they are not taking any actions towards their behavior. I also think that same goes for applying for a job for the company in the future. I do believe that if a company owns up to their action and is working towards improving their behavior I would definitely keep supporting that company.

In summary, for me personally to keep supporting a company or not based on their discrimination actions all depends on the future actions and how they are working towards fixing their behavior.