Week 1 – The case for recruitment and selection

I would like to firstly start by saying that I do think that staffing is one of the most important things along with retention through my personal experience. There are few things that comes to my mind when thinking about why companies would allocate more resources towards marketing or product design.
Companies who allocate more resources towards product design are probably high-tech companies who want to focus on designing new products and be the leaders in the tech industry. Putting more money into the technology and not towards the HR may help them develop better product and faster in the short run. Another thing that came to my mind is that clothes companies may want to put more resources towards marketing because it would get more customers to buy their products. Good marketing plans can get attention from large crowds of people and therefore get more revenue.
One of the weaknesses is definitely that you may get stuck with employees who are not as dedicated and who are not fitting the company’s culture. This behavior is also contagious and may spread through the entire company. One of the strengths can be as I mentioned above, developing better technology and selling more products.