Explore Learning Technology Resources

recommendsWant to explore some learning technology resources? In our last LET Community meeting, we shared some of our favorites. Here are a few that represent an array of topics.

• Cub Kahn suggests Teaching in a Digital Age. It is a new open, online textbook by Tony Bates, a long-time leader in the online learning world. Here are some sample chapters titles: Ch. 7 – Pedagogical Differences between Media, Ch. 8 – Choosing and Using Media in Education, Ch. 9 – Modes of Delivery, Ch. 11 – Ensuring Quality Teaching in a Digital Age.

Asking me for my one recommendation is like asking me if I’ll take a chocolate or coffee. My response is “Yes please to both.” Here’s a variety that serve different purposes.

• Free Technology for Teachers is a must if you are interested in online learning technology tools. Richard Byrne shares and reviews free resources that teachers can use in the classroom. His short posts often include suggestions of how to incorporate the technologies and how to guides.
  • EdSurge is a site I subscribe to and enjoy updates on everything from product reviews for education, to research, to ed tech start ups.
  • Audrey Watters writes in many places, including Hack Education. I enjoy her insight, wit and candor in reporting on ed tech.
  • Steve Hargadon is also at the top of my list. He is behind many projects such as The Learning Revolution and free online conferences like the Global Education Conference.

If this isn’t enough, check out more of my recommendations at When Tech Met Ed/Blogs, Podasts, Social Networking as PD.

Don’t get overwhelmed as you explore! Organize in a RSS reader, such as Feedly or Inoreader and return to your favorites at your leisure.  

What are a few of your favorites?  Join us in sharing at our next LET Community or on the Tech’d Out Learning Facebook Group!

About Cheridy Aduviri

OSU Center for Teaching and Learning Fellows Program Coordinator
This entry was posted in Application, Big Picture, Resources, Social Media. Bookmark the permalink.