The Division of Student Affairs is committed to modeling a culture of learning and to assuring its members have access to opportunities for on-going learning and development. We commit to our stakeholders that we will cultivate the necessary skills to meet their educational and service needs. . . to achieve multicultural proficiency, our members must have access to appropriate educational resources and be committed to an ethos of learning and self-improvement. . .
- Jodi Nelson
- Joy Jorgensen
- Jennifer Stewart
- Katie Baker
- Kerry McQuillan
- Lisa Hoogesteger
1. A survey of faculty and staff will be sent June 11th to Student Affairs employees who have worked at OSU less than a year.
Survey focus areas: Orientation, professional development, Division of Student Affairs awareness and involvement, participation in training programs, identifying needs.
2. Reviewing survey data to plan for a more formal fall orientation.
By Fall 2012:
- An “in person” orientation meeting once a term, hosted by a SALT director. Note: This is a recommendation that has not yet been vetted.
- An online orientation that we (our Strat Plan team) will develop.
- A request for a place, office, area that will “house” this orientation for the future.
- Continuing to work on professional development and training needs for staff.
- Identification of orientation, training and development needs for Student Affairs student employees.
Objectives for a Student Affairs Orientation:
- Common understanding and description of what Student Affairs provides and how it supports OSU students.
- Knowledge of Student Affairs vision, values and principles.
- Awareness of Student Affairs priorities and ways to engage in division-wide work
- Opportunity for engagement across the division to add meaning and build community for Student Affairs work.