Student Experience Center
- December 15 is the Office move-in date.
- Craft Center will move in around Thanksgiving, TBD.
- Student Media is building a schedule of move, train, and go “live” dates that will stagger operational dates out through 2/2/15.
- Schedule throughout all sections is up to date for progress percentages.
- Framing is done on 3 sides, framing out by this week.
- West side will get sheeting first, then clockwise around exterior.
- Pre-cast on site, activity to prepare placement underway.
- Electrical switchgear is going into Basement.
- Broadcast Integration: Reviews by staff and Academic Technologies finding some missing and overlaps in the OFOI plan. Will need to coordinate critical path for these elements:
- For Student Media; What moves over, by whom and when? Includes inert materials, like record and cd collections.
- Who decommissions and unplugs present equipment?
- Photo-voltaic section on roof above TV Studio has a cleaning plan based on tall ladders and Unger poles. This will require a certified cleaning contractor or a documented level of staff training to perform. Tie-offs and roof matting being planned. This part of the roof is restricted from access. (Maintenance Staff review of roofing profile)
- Andersen Construction Company (ACCO) working on a date to open the sidewalk between SEC and Strand Ag, hopefully before Fall Term starts.
- Library generator site ready for generator install after CMU block wall installation.
- PIPC fire water line still being coordinated with the City for install to the MUE. Parts to arrive this week for sprinkler line changeover
- Recycling weights went to 92% of landfill totals. Trending to go to higher percentage, which is another LEED point.
- Still waiting on gas meter pricing for SEC secondary reading.
- ADA Path of Travel this summer: 26th and Jefferson Way SW Commons entrance and Quad East ADA entrance
- Canopy footings scheduled for 7/23/14.
- City requested trees to be planted on East end. Utility pathway restricts that from happening.
- Still looking at the glass connection for the spider fitting to the glass at the top of the purling, trying to understand the detail as it related to the curvature of the glass.
- Mockup for building façade is being framed.
- Looking for a drawing from ACCO that shows Brick Mall access over the summer.
Memorial Union East
- Building operating training will be postponed until end of May.
- Dock access with gravel path to be available part-time during roadwork. Check with ACCO for availability.
- Shop drawings on handrails are in, map and schedule of work forthcoming.
- Temporary 60-ton chiller is on site May 7th, being lifted into place on MUE SE corner.
- Bark and landscape finish South planting bed by generator with security and visibility, irrigation and fire exiting pathway in mind is complete until summer plantings occur.
- Substantial completion of project: 5/30/14
- Punch list and complete prior to 6/2/14
- Turn parts of the building over to OSU on 6/2/14.
- Building Services moves to Basement 6/2/14.
- ACCO turn in outstanding list of items will still be worked after this time. (30 days to finish)
- Other opening dates:
- -Ground level: 6/13+/14
- -Multi-Purpose Room: 6/13/14
- -North Porch Café: 6/20/14
- -Mezzanine Event and Lounge: 6/20/14
- Cultural Kitchen:
- -Construction turns over: 7/1/14
- -Staff Training 8/1/14
- -Open: 9/1/14
- Furniture schedule for upholstered chairs arrive in three phases: 1st shipment: 6/20 2nd: 6/27 3rd: 7/3
- New furniture in open spaces: 6/3
- Wood furniture in open spaces: shop drawings in, furniture to arrive July-August
- New Electrical service powered up on Tuesday, 5/27/14.
- AHU-1 starts up for Basement ventilation on 5/28/14, upper floors blocked out until cleaned.
- AVB plan for Ballroom forwarded to Opsis for addition to ASI design.
- Phone lines already pulled for basement. Just waiting on 100-pr risers, which is a priority add for phone service.
- Status of computer handover from NNOSI to Telcom:
- BUILDING SERVICES will have desk phones re-routed through cell phones until desk phone service is up and running. Cindy Garmon is coordinating that.
- Event space room 49 wood will not arrive on site, be environmentally conditioned, installed, finished and ready for handover until 6/20 according to current schedule.
- North Porch Café design of security screen and area systems changing date of handover to 6/23/14.
- Room 49 Art Glass scheduled to arrive June 2nd, install on June 3rd. ACCO will receive, uncrate, transport, install and protect until construction wraps up. Kent will photo document the process.
- Kitchen red iron in ware washing area to be painted with a rust defeating material.
- Working with ACCO to identify a safe zone path of travel to MU Building Services after move-in.
- Working with ACCO to identify a safe zone path of travel for elevator deliveries.
- This will be in effect until Ground Floor is turned over to MU on 6/13/14.
- Art storage room cabinets from Oregon Corrections Enterprises scheduled for delivery on 6/9/14. They will assemble on site and Building Services will seismically brace to the wall.
- There will be an upsizing of the condensate line from a ½” to a 1 ½” line in our space as we move in. It may affect final placement of some shop cabinetry, but it’s a short term event.
- This will hold up two other things in the shop: some minor painting and lighting. ACCO to work with is on both paint is low/no voc and exhaust fans will be set higher to keep outgassing at a high rate. Paint will occur at night so impact to evening and day shift is minimal.
- We will work with ACCO to decide when and where to place shop lights are set in low duct side.
MU Summer Work Schedule as of 5/7/14:
- AVB panel RFI is outstanding and was discussed. Several location solutions were proposed. Rick Brand to provide a location on drawings furnished by Sid.
- Fire Doors complete – 5/30/14
- MU Mechanical and new Electrical Room substantially complete – 5/30/14 (Behind Ballroom Stage)
- Mezzanine storage/restroom: 6/13/14
- Exterior Improvements (including handrails, East Dock): 8/29/14
- MU Building Signage: 8/29/14
- Ground Level Storage, Jefferson St. Entry Hallway/Ramp flooring and Ballroom Restrooms: 8/29/14
- Commons Ramp Mods – 8/29/14
- Sidewalk replacement – Jefferson St. entrance – 8/29/14