Mid-Summer Check In #tacos

Over this last week we had our Mid-Summer check-in! On the first day all the Oregon Sea Grant (OSG) Scholars gather to the Beverly Beach Yurt in Newport to have our picnic. It was really great catching up with everyone since we hadn’t seen each other together over the last six weeks.

Our next day we had our professional development workshop where we learned about the different dynamics of “hard power” at work and how to understand/develop “soft power” during our program and in the future!  And later on that day the OSG scholars and I went to one of the beaches around Newport and had a campfire and watch the sun go down.

Then finally we spent 3 days camping at the Rujada Campground in Dorena, Oregon where we had many burgers, Reese-Oreos Smores, and great laughs! This Mid-Summer check-in was simply amazing!

PS

Whoever many the sour pickles at the OSG Picnic is 10/10 and can you please give send me the recipe!

2 thoughts on “Mid-Summer Check In #tacos

1. I’m so glad to hear that the mid-summer check in was awesome! Wish I’d made it out to the beach campfire, looks fun, we’ll have to do a repeat in August. I hope that your photography apprenticeship is continuing to go well and that you feel like you’re learning a ton. Can’t wait to see the final results in your final symposium poster!