Field Work and fresh milkshakes!

This past week has been very busy but very fun. I had a long week of field work but I saw and learned a lot. My research is going really well because I’ve managed to find 5 more parasites in my ghost shrimp samples. I was very happy to see that I was doing the digestion correctly and that all our hard work didn’t go to waste. Initially I was only able to see the parasite in the plastic cup that we did the digestion in but a lab member let me look at it under a microscope so that I could really see what it looked like. It looks like a little white worm that is constantly wiggling around.I can’t wait to do more field work and hopefully find more nematodes so that I can hopefully begin to figure out why they appear in these sites
We did take a break to have some fun during our trip and we stopped at the Tillamook creamery to get some fresh ice cream. I ended up getting a shake and I must say it was the best one I’ve ever had!

One thought on “Field Work and fresh milkshakes!

1. I’d agree that Tillamook ice cream is amazing, and would say that a milkshake is a great treat for finding nematodes! Good luck with the next round of samples – do you think it will be easier now that you know what you’re looking for?