Final Thoughts

This morning researchers up and down Oregon’s coast set out before the sunrise in search of green crabs. As part of a simultaneous sampling effort, I have trapped at my most productive field sites over the past three days. This morning alone 32 green crabs were collected at one site. This is an exciting number as I only captured 52 at the site over the whole summer. I can’t think of a better way to mark the end of my incredible 10 week internship.

I have absolutely loved my time here in Oregon. The research I participated in kept me excited and provoked in me ideas for future research. My position allowed me to receive valuable career advice from several very successful figures in the science community. By participating in several different projects, I was able to further refine a field a study to target for my graduate studies. I lived and worked with some truly incredible people. I am sad to say goodbye, but I look forward to hearing of everyone’s future journeys. If all of this wasn’t enough, I was surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural scenery that I have seen. From crystal clear rivers, to vast sand dunes, and thriving marshes, Oregon’s coast has it all. I fell in love with this place and I plan to be back in the future.

3 thoughts on “Final Thoughts

1. So glad to hear you had a successful ending to summer internship here. We enjoyed having you, and hope you come back to the Oregon coast soon!

2. Good luck with your future pursuits, Colin. Please keep in touch! Or, I’ll just find you on Instagram :-)

3. Wow! That is amazing you found so many green crabs in your last week; I hope this data is a significant contribution to your independent research. I look forward to your return to Oregon!