Good news and new projects

This week we found out that Stephen’s “Ask a Scientist” column for Oregon Coast Magazine was accepted, which is fantastic. A regular column in the bimonthly magazine will be a great way to get the OSG name out.

Aside from that, this week was mostly filled with more work for the website and the start of a new project. I’ll be making a couple of videos in the next five weeks. The first will be a two-to-three minute piece about graduate research opportunities available in marine science departments at OSU, and the second (hopefully) will be a piece with the OSG interns and the work they have done creating the new free-choice learning wave exhibit at HMSC. After seeing everyone’s presentations on Friday at the mid-summer check-in, it sounds like the group is excited about the work they have done and I feel like a media piece will be a neat way to bring the concept together. I’m looking forward to working with everyone!

One thought on “Good news and new projects

1. That is great news – congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing the column and videos take shape.