Braving the rain, nearly 400 students and faculty in the College of Science turned out to welcome new science students and connect with them over ice cream floats September 25. Everyone enjoyed the festivities, music, ice cream and good company. The new students met faculty and current students while learning about more than 15 science student clubs… Continue reading
The College of Science celebrated academic and administrative excellence at its annual Fall Awards Ceremony at the Linus Pauling Science Center. In addition to kicking off the new academic year, we took the opportunity to reconnect with each other and welcome new colleagues into our community. Congratulations to the following people in the College who received awards at the ceremony:
- Edward Waymire, Mathematics Department – F.A. Gilfillan Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Science
- Elisar Barbar, Biochemistry & Biophysics Department – Milton Harris Award in Basic Research in Science
- Deanne Wilcox, Mathematics Department – Gladys Valley Award for Exemplary Administrative Support
- Myra Koesdjojo, Chemistry Department – Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- LeeAnn McGill and Andy Kuback, Arts & Sciences Business Center – ASBC Exemplary Service Awards
Welcome back and here’s to a wonderful year!