The David Godsey Memorial Scholarship will award $1000 each to two students in May 2018. Funding for this scholarship has been generously provided by friends and family of Susie Godsey in memory and honor of Susie’s husband, David, who passed away in August 2017. Susie and David Godsey have been active community members of McMinnville, strong advocates of higher education and social justice, and supporters of the work of Unidos Bridging Community.
Yearly Scholarship Amount: 1,000.00
Application Deadline: Fri, 04/27/2018
- Latinx/Hispanic heritage
- a first-generation college student who graduated from a high school in Yamhill County
- enrolled as a full-time student in a four-year accredited college or university
- a student in good standing with a college cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- in Junior or Senior year with intent to graduate within 2 years
- able to demonstrate community service and civic involvement
- willing to be featured in Unidos-related promotions in print or social media and attend an event in May 2018 where scholarship will be presented
In one page or less, please address the following topics:
- What being a first-generation college student means to you
- Service to your community, volunteer work, or advocacy and civic involvement (identify which of these activities benefit the larger Latinx community)
- Career plans following college graduation
- How this scholarship would benefit you
For more information, please visit their website at www.unidosyamhillcounty.org.