The Office of Military and Veteran Resources is proud to manage the selection and award of the the Class of ‘65 Service Member / Veteran Alumni and Descendants Educational Scholarship. This scholarship is available to OSU alumni or former students who are honorably discharged veterans of or currently serving in the U.S. military (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard, including reserve components) or children or grandchildren of such veterans.
- Previously attended Oregon State University OR:
- Received an honorable or general under honorable discharge from the service, or can provide military orders proving their current service OR:
- Is the child or grandchild of those eligible under criteria 1. Children and grandchildren are not limited to biological children and grandchildren only.
- Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating financial need and/or merit through academic ability, leadership, accomplishments, character, and community service. Need and merit will be given equal weight. The second preference will be given to those eligible (or child or grandchild of such eligible persons) who have served in a theater of combat.
- Selected recipients must be enrolled and attend classes at OSU, and be full time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduates and 9 credits for graduate students) either solely at OSU, or in combination with OSU and community college partners.
Deadline: March 1st
For more information on how to apply, please visit their site http://studentlife.oregonstate.edu/veterans/scholarships