Allied Van Lines, one of the leading moving companies in America, is excited to offer a 2017 scholarship program aimed at students whose area of study focuses on logistics and moving-related fields. We are committed to growing our industry and supporting the brightest students in logistics and moving. Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We want to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you!
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of Allied Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
Deadline: December 15th
For more information on how to apply, please visit their site https://www.allied.com/scholarship