ScanCafe Scholarship will provide financial assistance to one student this year who demonstrates knowledge, passion, and a promising future in photo curation, preservation and photo scanning. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose essay best demonstrates these qualities. Students who would like to apply should write an essay of approximately 1000 – 1,500 words on one or more of the topics below:
- Photo preservation: an existential need.
- Photo Scanning: an art or an industrial process?
- Transforming physical photo into digital bit: a curse or a blessing?
- Will a machine ever really understand a photo?
- Photo Narration of the past and the present
- Must have a high school diploma at time of application.
- Must be an American or Canadian citizen.
- Will be 18 years or older during the fall semester. You may apply if you are 17, but the scholarship will not be paid until you turn 18.
- Students will be required to provide proof of university enrollment in order to claim the scholarship prize.
Deadline: November 30th
For more information on how to apply, please visit their site https://www.scancafe.com/scholarship