Flames and sirens broke the morning silence Tueday at 8:30 a.m. when an explosion rocked the heating building behind Kerr Administration building on campus. Corvallis Fire Department extinguished the fire and evacuated an unnamed employee who was rushed to the hospital for smoke inhalation, all within twenty minutes of arrival. According to Public Information Officer, Laura Sauermann, a natural gas leak caused a minor explosion in the 40-year-old boiler. Sauermann is leading further investigations, but stated that the fire was unintentional and that the heating building is up to code. The malfunctioning boiler will be offline for a least a couple weeks, but there have been no far-reaching damages across campus. There will be no road closures or class delays.