header image

Chapter 19

home | < Previous Chapter | Next Chapter >

Random Pics before the Big Put-Together

Feb. 16, 2010

I pulled some pictures off my iPhone and before they get lost in the dust, I thought I’d post them here. The frame’s clear-coat is curing in the bathroom (PJ1 spray paint has almost no smell – Linda can’t stand the smell of paint, but this one is nothing) and I’ll begin bolting parts to the frame this evening; here’s some of the steps I’ve taken along the way.

Removing the old tire was a pain!

Removing the old tire was a pain!

I thought I'd ruined the camshaft getting the gear off, but it re-threaded nicely.

The Ceriani clamp was too small for the Betor fork-leg so I used a tapered vacuum attachment and sandpaper to ream it out. Worked!

The engine case on the right is the one with 'matching numbers' to my bike, but I didn't think it would clean up too good, and thougt about using the other one.

The engine case on the right is the one with 'matching numbers' to my bike, but I didn't think it would clean up too good, and thought about using the other one.

Wire wheel on the drill moter and some steel wool shined it up. Wow! I'll use this one.

Will the 650's oil tank fit in the 500? Yes is will.

Making a bracket to hang the oil tank. Thanks to Dave for lending me his welder :)

Remember the seat-bed?

Remember the seat-bed?

Here comes the upholstery.

Here comes the upholstery.

Trailer Park spray booth #2 (exhaust fan upper left).

Fan hole covered - heat on - cure baby, cure.

Still from the Hughie Hancox Triumph rebuilding video - I could not do this without Hughie's step-by-step video.