header image

Chapter 17

home | < Previous Chapter | Next Chapter >

The end of the take-apart

Jan. 29, 2010

The tide has turned and in a matter of days ‘the taking apart’ will become ‘the putting it all together’.

The last, deepest, most furthest piece was removed tonight. The Rusty Triumph from Kentucky has fully submitted to my wrenches, strength and perseverance.

What you see below is the crankshaft with its ‘sludge tube’ removed. This was a feat not as great as getting the rusted top-end off the motor, but it is the very last step in the taking apart. I have a video of a factory trained Triumph mechanic carefully going through each step of dismantling and reassembly of the engine, and it’s been invaluable. Note his fabulous idea of pounding a large drill bit into the sludge tube and turn <grunt> turn, until the tube can be withdrawn. Worked !

tube

And if life wasn’t grand enough, I’ve been doing some¬† *fabulous*¬† shopping on eBay. The first Triumph I bought, the 650 (still mostly 20 miles up the road) came with my heart’s desire – Ceriani forks. I wanted the same for the Rusty Triumph from Kentucky and paid a fair amount for some on eBay. Turns out they’re Honda forks in Ceriani clamps. Ripped off (and a hasty, poorly observed purchase on my part). Anyway… to sooth my sole, I kept looking and found these beautiful forks that are maybe even more highly prized than the Cerianis – may I introduce to you the ‘better’ forks – the Betor. Professionally polished and simply beautiful.

Additionally – the exact pipes I’ve dreamed of – ‘half-mile’ pipes (both exit to the right in tuned length, giving a staggered end) Brand new. What’s best of all, both of these purchases were made at about 1/3 retail. Shopper-man!

betor1

betor2

pipes

Today I ordered the bare-minimum new parts for the innards of the engine needed to make it go – they’ll be here in a few days – let the ‘put-it-together’ begin!

8 Responses to “Chapter 17”

1.   Anonymous Says:

a piece of Spain in your bike!
    good job!
    Kind regards from Madrid

2.   aquaponics grants Says:

The ultimate way is to create a simple system as a starter
    project. In fact, everyone will see this activity enjoyable and rewarding.
    Many rookies will build their tanks, purchase their fish,
    and plant their seeds all inside same day or weekend.

3.   discount for Tao Of badass Says:

Many testimonials on Asian internet dating sites have been declared the Tao of
    Badass discount sweetest as well as the Tao of Badass discount most caring spouse are Asians singles
    because in terms of loving, he / she thinks not just for his or her own sake and happiness and
    also for the Tao of Badass discount betterment and growth from the Tao of Badass discount relationship.
    Are you tired of having to play games looking to figure out what men want.
    Forever is not merely a destination but it really is a
    journey while using Tao of Badass discount right person that has the Tao of Badass discount same vision and interests in daily life
    be they Korean singles or Vietnamese girls or newcomers to Chinese dating.

4.   fat loss factor epub Says:

If its not able to handle using your food consumption on day after day,
    extra fat begins to develop and be absorbed into your body,
    leading to weight gain. It provides resistance via your body’s weight or even the Fatloss Factor coupon weight with the
    Fatloss Factor coupon Rack itself. No one will stop you from playing your favorite music on the i-pod as well.

5.   Apartemen Bandung Says:

“The Rusty Triumph from Kentucky has fully submitted to my wrenches, strength and perseverance.” Nice words

6.   Desain Company Profile Says:

I found this article after searching for a while. … Very simple and cool post

7.   Rumah Dijual di Jakarta Timur Says:

Very detail part… Thanks for your share

8.   Baju Gamis Modern Says:

Someone on my FB contact shared this post. Nice job, dude..