Ross Island HAB Design Charrette
February 25th at OSU Foundation Portland Center Boardroom (Room 2002)
- Focus the scope of OSU’s design analyses to be as useful and relevant as possible
- Facilitate discussion of process for addressing the HAB and ecological uplift in the lagoon.
1:30-2:00pm: Plenary session
Microbiology of HABs (Kurt Carpenter, USGS)
2:00-2:10: Coffee break
2:10-3pm: Community café
Groups rotate through tables for focused, hosted discussion on:
– Values: What we want to protect and enhance?
– Alternatives: What solutions should we prioritize and where?
– Evaluation criteria: How do we evaluate alternatives?
3:00-3:10: Coffee break
3:10-3:40: Community café hosts report back
3:40-4:00: Next steps