- Elliot S, Tullos D, Walter C (in press) Physical modeling of the feedbacks between a patch of flexible Reed Canarygrass. Environmental Fluid Mechanics. DOI: 10.1007/s10652-018-9622-8
- Wang HW, Kondolf M, Tullos D, Kuo WC (2018) Sediment Management in Taiwan’s Reservoirs and Barriers to Implementation. Water 10. doi:10.3390/w10081034
- Tullos, D. 2018. Flood risk governance in the United States. PNAS 115:15 (3731-3734) http://www.pnas.org/content/115/15/3731
- Jain SK, Mani P, Jain SK, Prakash P, Singh VP, Tullos D, Kumar S, Agarwal SP, Dimri AP. 2017. A Brief review of flood forecasting techniques and their applications. International Journal of River Basin Management. https://doi.org/10.1080/15715124.2017.1411920
- Jaeger WK, Amos A, Bigelow DP, Chang H, Conklin DR, Haggerty R, Langpap C, Moore K, Mote PW, Nolin AW, Plantinga AJ, Schwartz CL, Tullos D, Turner DP. 2017. Finding water scarcity amid abundance using human natural system models. PNAS 114 (45): 11884-11889.
- Robinson J, Jarvis T, Tullos D. 2017. Domestic Well Aquifer Storage and Recovery Using Seasonal Springs. Water Resources IMPACT 19(5): 22-23.
- Friberg N, Harrison L, O’Hare M, Tullos D. 2017. Restoring rivers and floodplains Hydrology and sediments as drivers of change Ecohydrology
- Foley et al. 2017. Dam removal: Listening In. Water Resources Research
- Danner A, Safeeq M, Grant G, Tullos D, Santelman M, and Wickham C. 2017. Scenario-based and scenario-neutral assessment of climate change impacts on operational performance of a multipurpose reservoir, J of Water Resources Association.
- Major, J.J., EAst, A.E., O’Connor, J.E., Grant, G.E. Wilcox, A.C., Magirl, C.S., Collins, M.J., Tullos, D.D., 2017, Geomorphic Responses to Dam Removal in the United States – a Two-Decade Perspective, D. and Laronne, J., editors, Gravel-Bed Rivers: Processes and Disasters. Wiley and Sons, pp. 355-383.
- Pace K, Tullos D, Walter C, Lancaster S, Segura C. 2017. Sediment Pulse Behavior Following Dam Removal in Gravel Bed Rivers. River Research and Applications 33(1): 102-112. DOI: 10.1002/rra.3064
- Wang HW, Tullos D, Kuo WC. 2016. Simulating bed evolution following the Barlin Dam (Taiwan, China) failure with implications for sediment dynamics modeling of dam removal.. Int. J of Sediment Research 31(4): 299-310.
- Mateus C, Tullos D. 2016.Reliability, Sensitivity, and Vulnerability of Reservoir Operations under climate change J. Water Resources Planning and Mgmt. 143(4)
- Mateus C, Tullos D. 2016. Reliability, sensitivity, and uncertainty of reservoir performance under climate variability in basins with different hydrogeologic settings. International Journal of River Basin Management. DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2016.1247361
- Tullos D, Walter C, Dunham J. 2016. Does resolution of flow field observation influence apparent habitat use and energy expenditure in juvenile coho salmon? Water Resources Research 52(8): 5938–5950. DOI: 10.1002/2015WR018501.
- Tullos D, Collins M, Bellmore R, Bountry J, Connolly P, Shafroth P, Wilcox C. 2016. Synthesis of common management concerns associated with dam removal. J. of the American Water Resources Associatiom 52(5): 1179-1206. DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12450
- Tullos D, Byron E, Galloway G, Obeysekera J, Prakash O, Sun YH. 2016. Review of challenges of and practices for sustainable management of mountain flood hazards.. Natural Hazards 83: 1763. doi:10.1007/s11069-016-2400-3.
- Stanton A, Tullos D, Jain S. 2016. Impacts and biases of storm regime and sampling networks on extreme precipitation measurements across the Western Himalaya. J. of Hydrologic Engineering 21(10) DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001412.
- Dimri AP, Thayyen RJ, Kibler K, Stanton A, Jain SK, Tullos D, and Singh VP. 2016. A review of atmospheric and land surface processes with emphasis on flood generation in the Southern Himalayan rivers. Science of the Total Environment 556: 98-115.
- Tullos D, and Jain SK. 2015. Addressing challenges of mitigating flood risk in mountain areas, Eos, 96, doi:10.1029/2015EO030887. Published on 8 June 2015.
- Zunka, J., Tullos, D., and Lancaster, S. 2015. Effects of sediment pulses on bed relief in bar-pool channels. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms 40(8): 1017–1028. DOI: 10.1002/esp.3697
- Tullos D. and Walter C. 2015. Fish use of turbulence around wood in winter- Physical experiments on hydraulic variability and habitat selection by juvenile coho salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch. Environmental Biology of Fishes 98: 1339-1353. DOI:10.1007/s10641-014-0362-4
- Mateus, C., Tullos, D., and Surfleet, C. 2015. Hydrologic sensitivity to climate and land use changes in the Santiam River Basin, Oregon. Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) 51 (2): 400-420. DOI: 10.1111/jawr.12256
- Tullos DD, Finn DS, Walter C. 2014. Geomorphic and Ecological Disturbance and Recovery from Two Small Dams and Their Removal. PLoS ONE 9(9): e108091. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0108091
- DiFrancesco, K., and Tullos, D. 2014. Assessment of flood management systems’ flexibility with application to the Sacramento River basin, California, USA. International
Journal of River Basin Management, DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2014.917316
- DiFrancesco, Kara N. and Desiree D. Tullos, 2014. Flexibility in Water Resources Management- Review of Concepts and Development of Assessment Measures for Flood Management Systems. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 50(6) 1527-1539. DOI: 10.1111/jawr.12214
- Tullos, D. and Wang, HW. 2014. Morphological responses and sediment processes following a typhoon-induced dam failure, Dahan River, Taiwan. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms 39(2): 245-258. DOI: 10.1002/esp.3446201
- Tullos, D. D., E. Foster-Moore, D. Magee, B. Tilt, A. T. Wolf, E. Schmitt, F. Gassert and K. Kibler. 2013. Biophysical, Socioeconomic, and Geopolitical Vulnerabilities to Hydropower Development on the Nu River, China. Ecology and Society 18 (3): 16.
- Kibler, K., and Tullos, D. 2013. Cumulative biophysical impacts of small and large hydropower development in the Nu River, China. Water Resources Research 49(6): 3104-3118. DOI: 10.1002/wrcr.20243
- Surfleet, C., and Tullos, D. 2013. Variability in effect of climate change on rain-on-snow peak flow events in a temperate climate J. of Hydrology 479: 24-34.2012
- Czarnomski, C., Tullos, D. Thomas, R., and Simon, A. 2012. Effects of vegetation canopy density and bank angle on near-bank patterns of turbulence and Reynolds stresses. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 138(11): 374-378. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)HY.1943-7900.0000628
- Surfleet, C and Tullos, D. 2012. Uncertainty in hydrologic modelling for estimating hydrologic response due to climate change (Santiam River, Oregon). Hydrological Processes 27 (25): 3560-3576
- Surfleet, C., Tullos, D., Chang, H., and Jung, I. 2012. Selection of hydrologic modeling approaches for climate change assessment- A comparison of model scale and structures. Journal of Hydrology 464-465: 233-248.2011
- Stevens, C. and Tullos, D. 2011. 2011_Stevens and Tullos_Effects of Temperature and Site Characteristics on Phosphorus Dynamics in Four Restored Wetlands. Ecological Restoration 29(3): 279-291.
- Kibler, K., Tullos, D., and Kondolf, M. 2011. Evolving expectation of dam removal outcomes- downstream geomorphic effects following removal of a small, gravel-filled dam. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 47(2):408-423.2010
- Kibler, K., Tullos, D., and Kondolf, M. 2010.Learning from dam removal monitoring- Challenges to selecting experimental design and establishing significance of outcomes. River Research and Applications 27(8): 967–975. DOI: 10.1002/rra.1415
- Tullos, D.; Brown, P.H.; Kibler, K.; Magee, D.; Tilt, B. and Wolf, A.T. 2010. Perspectives on the salience and magnitude of dam impacts for hydro development scenarios in China. Water Alternatives 3(2): 71-90
- Tullos, D., Cox, M., Walter, C. 2010. Simulating dam removal with a 1D hydraulic model- Accuracy and techniques for reservoir erosion and downstream deposition at the Chiloquin Dam removal. Proceedings of the ASCE Environmental Water Resources Institute
- Walter, C., and Tullos, D. 2010. Downstream Channel Changes after a Small Dam Removal- Using Aerial Photos and Measurement Error for Context; Calapooia River, Oregon. River Research and Applications 26: 1220–1245. DOI: 10.1002/rra.1323.
- Tullos, D., Penrose, D., Jennings, G., and Cope, G. 2009. Analysis of Functional Traits in Reconfigured Channels- Implications for the Bioassessment and Disturbance of River Restoration. Journal of the North American Benthological Society 28(1): 80-92.
- Tullos, D., Tilt, B. and Reidy, C. 2008. Understanding and Linking the Biophysical, Socioeconomic and Geopolitical Effects of Dams. Journal of Environmental Management 90 (Supplement 3): S203-S207.
- Brown, P., Tullos, D., Tilt, B., Magee, D., and Wolf, A. 2008. Modeling the Costs and Benefits of Dam Construction from a Multidisciplinary Perspective. Journal of Environmental Management 90 (Supplement 3): S303-S311.
- Tullos, D. 2008. Assessing environmental impact assessments – A review and analysis of documenting environmental impacts of large dams. Journal of Environmental Management 90 (Supplement 3): S208-S223.
- Tullos, D., D. Penrose, and G. Jennings. 2006. Development and Application of a Bioindicator for Benthic Habitat Enhancement in the North Carolina Piedmont. Ecological Engineering 27: 228-241.
- Tullos, D. 2006. River restoration in China: a review of local efforts to improve the quality of lotic life. Ecological Restoration 24: 165-172.
- Tullos, D. and M. Neumann. 2006. A Qualitative Model for Characterizing Effects of Anthropogenic Activities on Benthic Communities. Ecological Modeling 196: 209-220.