Self-Reflection

1. What am I good at?

• I am good at many things. For one, I am good at staying organized and planning ahead. I always write-out my day or week so I do not miss anything important. I am also good at fostering relationships with people. Whether it is someone I already know or a stranger, I know I am great at making a conversation and connecting with people.

2. What do I value?

• The non-tangible asset of mine that I value the most is my work-ethic. I value being able to buckle down and get necessary work done, even when you don’t want to. A tangible asset of mine that I value most is probably my phone. I spent a lot of time researching what would be a good fit for my needs, and spent a lot of money on the phone itself. I am extremely happy with the purchase.

3. How did I get here?

• I got to where I am by being persistent and disciplined. I also had to adjust my attitude and adopt a more positive outlook on my life, which has created a lot more happiness for me. I also got here with the help of my friends and family members. The support and love they have offered me throughout my life has been an amazing foundation for me to build my life.

4. Where am I going?

• Although I can’t be 100% certain, I would say I am going somewhere I can grow my career, as well as somewhere I can grow my family. I have been looking for jobs in Colorado, Washington, Montana, and Oregon, which are all places I would love to start a career and family of my own. I am going somewhere that the climate is not too warm, and there must be mountains that I can snowboard.

3 replies on “Self-Reflection”

Hey Ben,

This is a great post! I liked how you acknowledged that your friends and family helped you get to where you are today. Hard work that is done well is a great thing to value. I think it is good to also appreciate tangible assets. Phones are essential to many people’s lives and we should recognize their value. I also think it is important for people to figure out the best ways they can use technology to add value to their lives. This is in hopes that they become more conscious of how much time they spend on these devices.

It is glad to hear you are good at organizing things. It is not an easy personality and you should keep it up as it can add a great value to a company. Great post!

I think organization is really important to be successful, so I’m glad you already feel like you are skilled in that area! I think it is a good thing that you don’t feel completely certain about where you want to go. In my opinion, it is best to think about the future in a more abstract, direction based way. That way it isn’t so concrete that you feel bound to a specific path, but you know the general idea of what you want to do.