My Brand as an Employee

As an employee, my brand is a combination of being a hard worker and being an extrovert. I anticipate having big projects or work ahead of time, and I try and start on them early if I can. I have also always been one of the teammates who steps up and takes over a part of the project nobody else wanted to do. I put my name to my work, and I try to put my best effort into everything I do, big and small. My brand would also highlight my personality and social skills. I really enjoy talking with people, whether I know them on a personal level or not. I always say good morning and start light conversations with random people who came into my work before Covid-19. 

If I presented myself in a novel, I would depict myself as a bird in the desert. Maybe I would be a hawk that spends all day searching for food and trying to survive, but always keeps a positive attitude and loves chatting with other hawks.  I have always been someone who likes to operate day-to-day life by myself, but I really enjoy casual conversation and getting to know people better in places like work or a classroom.  The hawk depicted in the novel would have the task of trying to fly out of the desert and reach the mountains in the horizon, where he had always wanted to go. The hawk would work tirelessly, flying through the day and night and only stopping for rest and food. Whenever he would make a stop along the way, he would find a new desert animal to have a chat with. Along his trip to the mountains, he learned a lot of new life lessons and gained some insight from new animals he’d never spoken to before. By the time the hawk reached the mountains, he was full of new perspective and information he’d gathered along the way that he would use to help guide him through the rest of his hawk life. This story is a good representation of what I think my brand is today and what I hope it will be in the future.

One reply on “My Brand as an Employee”

Hello Ben,

That is a very inspiring story! If you included that in a situation wanted ad, you would surely capture the interest of many employers. Some employers like to see writing samples and this story would present them with your personal goals and values while showing them your writing ability. I believe your story depicts that you can keep the big picture in mind, while focusing on the importance of small, everday occurrences. Great post!