Week 1 Recap

I am very excited to blog about my progress for WS 320: Gender & Technology.  I’ve blogged before; I used to blog about my experiences in an online role-playing game (World of Warcraft).  I am happy to be blogging once again.  I am quite familiar with WordPress and have found its interface to be quite easy to follow.  I had no difficulty in setting up my blog space within blogs.oregonstate.edu, and I found writing my first post to be quite fun.  Setting up an email signature was also quite easy.  When I first created my personal Gmail account, I used to change my signature quite frequently.  I still use the Gmail client to look at email (both personal and ONID), so I had no problems adding a signature to my ONID address.  I also decided to try out the text-to-speech application provided by Windows for reading webpages, but decided I liked reading them the old-fashioned way.  I may continue messing around with text-to-speech if I have free time, but I couldn’t immediately figure out how to get the application to only read what’s on the webpage (rather than including web addresses, keystrokes, and other annoying extras).

This entry was posted in Set Up. Bookmark the permalink.