Summer Internship 2016: Food Innovation Center

by Rachel Lovya Wirachman

WEEK 10

September 2nd, 2016 · No Comments · Uncategorized

It was a rather quite week here at the FIC, since most of the staff were out in Hermiston for the third Crop Up. I had some events to attend and there were a lot of sensory things to do, so I decided to stay in Portland instead. I mostly spent this week working on the blue cheese report and preparing for a taste test which we’ll have at the Oregon Convention Center. The Specialty Crops Block Grant Program national conference is going to be held in Oregon this year and we will have a taste test for Oregon’s Wild Harvest during the conference. The product will be a plant-based multivitamin drink mix, so it should be a fairly easy test since there is only going to be one sample and very easy to prepare. I also wrote a bid for a focus group later this October. It was a pretty simple bid, since the client will provide the screener as well as the contact list of potential screener respondents. Basically, we will only provide the recruiting service and the focus group facility.

Additionally, Ann gave me the green light to send out the screener for Gypsy Crunch test, which is going to be my biggest project since I am the one who’s responsible for the entire project from beginning to end. I am really excited to run this project and definitely so grateful to have this opportunity given to me. Eli and I have started working on the ballot last week, but I need to talk to our client again in order to better understand their objectives and design the test accordingly.

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.