As my internship comes to an end I am proud to look back on weeks well spent working and connecting with the OSU Community.

I have spent the last few weeks completing two reports to the Women’s Center that include suggestions for enhancing inclusivity over the next few years. These reports were also accompanied by the completion of my PROMISE poster and my PROMISE portfolio. I find it really satisfying to have these material creations that outline the work I’ve done this summer.

The end of my internship prompts me to look forward in my professional and educational career. However, looking back at my internship work is an important aspect of preparing myself for the future. Here a few of the things that I’ve been involved with this summer:

A Taste of Culture: I collaborated on a project with all of the other OSU Cultural and Resource Centers to create a free lunch and information event that brought more attention to the these centers.

Women’s Center Procedures: I improved the Women’s Center staff procedures for every day staffing needs.

The Four Agreements Lesson Plan: Created this lesson plan is for the Women’s Center training for in-coming staff. It focuses on the Don Miguel Ruiz book The Four Agreements.

Women’s Center Awards Board: I have been working on the outlay of the Awards Board in the Women’s Center that will display the recipients of the HerStory and Women of Achievement awards.

Upcoming WC Events: I have been organizing programs for the upcoming school year.

World Mental Health Day: I was invited to be on the committee that organizes OSU’s first World Mental Health Day 2012.

CONNECT Events for the Women’s Center: I have organized event ideas for the Women’s Center to have during CONNECT week in September.

Interviews and Website Research for Inclusivity: The majority of my time has been spent conducting interviews of staff from other Women’s Centers at some of OSU’s peer institutions.

What a great experience it has been to contribute to work that will enhance an OSU organization. It’s also been wonderful connecting with such great students/leaders/professionals who have spent this summer as my fellow PROMISE Interns.

Thank you!

Jessica Armstrong