In this episode we take a stroll through the tradeshow at the world’s largest beekeeping conference, Apimondia, which was held in Montreal, Canada in September. In this episode you’ll hear about a machine that can turn 1000lbs of liquid honey into velvety-creamed honey, the latest in varroa control, styrofoam hive equipment and tips on how to re-use plastic foundation.
Booths I visited included:
– British Columbia Honey Producers Association (Dan Mason, Canada)
– Karl Jenter GmbH (Klaus Wallner, Germany)
– CreamPAL (Quebec, Canada)
– Neil Specht, Sweetheart Pollinators (Saskachewan, Canada)
– Korea Beekeeping Association (South Korea)
– Chilean Beekeeper Federation (who won the bid for Apimondia 2023)
– Honey Bee Research Center (Paul Kelly, University of Guelph, Canada)
– Pierco (John Caron, USA)
– Betterbee (John Rath, USA)
– Vita Bee Health (Max Watkins, UK)
And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!