Perspective Student April 20th, 2012
So… You want to be a doctor
That’s great! It’s never to early to start preparing for medical school. There are lots of things you can do before you get to the university to help you be successful once you get here.
- If you are in high school take the hard classes…..really! It will help you be prepared for college level courses. AP, IB, and CLEP courses may count toward your major at OSU and medical school admissions.
- Job shadow, volunteer, do community service, be involved
Check out the Association of American Medical Colleges
Exploring a medical career
- Knowledgeable advisors
- Supportive faculty
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Community service opportunities
- 365 days of sun in Oregon…….. ok maybe not, but it’s great to be a BEAVER!!!!
OSU has a high acceptance rate of qualified students to medical schools nationally.
Some of the medical schools our students have decided to attend include:
Oregon Health and Science University
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of North Dakota
Western University of Health Sciences COMP-Northwest
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
Lincoln Memorial University – DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine