IPIP Results & Reactions

The overall results in the IPIP test stated that I am an extroverted person, is agreeable, conscientious, neuroticism, and open to experience. I do agree with a couple of these personalities and a couple of them are new to me. The one that stood out to me out of my results was the neuroticism. It says that people that score high on this section are people who respond to emotionally to events or either experiencing feelings. One of those examples were anxiety and I have to say that it surprised me to realize that it impacts my personality drastically even if just occurs rarely.

I think that my results from this personality test would affect potentially employees positively and negatively. I do have a couple characteristics that I know employees look at in a workplace. For example, being an extroverted, I would enjoy working with others. This will be looked good in the workplace because this will tell employees that I would get along with the team and work hard to reach the organizations goal. Under this category my second highest score were in gregariousness and friendliness. I agree with the results because that who I am and enjoy doing. I love to make friends and working with others because that helps me think about new ideas or hear what others have say.  Another personality that would look good for potential employees is having an agreeableness personality. I’ve score high on trust and modesty under this section which looks good as an employee. I also agree with these results because from my past work experience I’ve gained the trust from my bosses which resulted in being promoted into a higher position. On the other hand, the one downside of this result was the neuroticism personality.  I score high on the self-consciousness which means I am sensitive to what another think of me. It true in a way that I sometimes take critiques, but I know that some people say it to make me a better person or to not make the same mistakes.

Overall, the results from this test were interesting to look at and learn more about what they mean. I do think that my personality might change throughout the years because I know that as I grow older, I become more mature and learn from experiences. This could result to new personality traits.