Job Description

The last time I had a job, the job description did influence me to apply for the position they were hiring. What stood out to me was that you did not required experience in the position they were hiring for which was great because I didn’t have. I did have qualify for other descriptions they were looking for an employee. Such as being able to handle money, lift 50lb, help customers find what they need and working under pressure. These were a couple of characteristics that I qualified and to be honest I wasn’t sure I was going to get the job because I had a little bit of experience in those things as well. I’ve had customer services experience in my last two previous jobs and could lift on average 50lb.  On the other hand, I was a little nervous because I had no experience with cashiering and how it worked. I knew that I would handle the money and could easily distribute it back. This is where my math experience fit in and I knew that it wouldn’t be hard for me. What scared me was learning how to use a cash register without messing up the system. What kept my hopes up was the statement in the description job that they did not require previous experience. I wish the job description was still available because it was short and straight to the point. Unlike other descriptions which are usually a page long, this one just described what the duties for the position were and how to apply for the position step by step.