Top of the line music technology equipment for digital audio production and editing.
- Seven studios, including a state-of-the-art, surround-sound mixing and tracking room
- Digidesign hardware and Pro Tools software
- High quality pre-amps and microphones
- Open to all currently-enrolled OSU students
- Demo CD’s for ensembles and solo artists
- Sound design for video and video sync (Foley and Sound Effects)
- Midi-synthesis orchestration
- Recital recording and editing
- Portable systems: multi-track system and memory disk recorder for off-site recording
- Server space for storage transfer from system to system
- Recording and Editing courses are open to music students and non-music students with departmental approval.
- MUS/NMC 493 Basic Recording Techniques 3 credits
- MUS/NMC 494 Intermediate Recording Techniques 3 credits
- MUS/NMC 495 Advanced Recording Techniques 3 credits
- MUS/NMC 496 Surround Sound 3 credits
Studio Recording and Editing
Benton Hall 304E
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-2221
Funding for the studios and equipment for the Sound Design Studio was made available by a grant from the OSU Technology Resource Fund.