You just put the finishing touch on your Drupal site, all the images are just right, the calendar feed has your events displayed and every bit of content is informative and engaging. It sounds great, but here are some things you should know about live sites and some checks you should do for your site before deployment.
- Links, images and navigation, these are the cornerstones of a good site. We have some ‘best practices’ items you should check before pushing your site live.
- Menus – part of the navigation system your visitors depend on in order to find relevant content on your site.
- Brand Identity Guidelines for OSU web content. Does your site measure up to University expectations, we’ll show you how to find out.
- Do you have contact information? It can be very aggravating if a user doesn’t have a way to reach out to someone in order to have a question or concern addressed.
- What do you need to do after your site goes live? Yes there are things you should check after your site is moved to production.
All of these items and others are covered in detail at http://oregonstate.edu/cws/training/book/drupal-deep-dive/osu-drupal-site-procedures/drupal-deployment-checklist.